Hey, we might have already embarked on our Ayurvedic journey so far, right from making our Ayurveda to-do-list every morning- to compiling all Ayurvedic resources on our wooden desk. Haven’t we?
Yes, all checked! So, why don’t we dive deep into the sea of Ayurveda and find out more about our Doshas?
Did you know, a human body is made up of a unique combination of three Doshas; Kapha, Vata and Pitta? This unique combination is our own personal blueprint called as prakriti (nature).
A Timeless Nature’s Formula
Okay, let’s catch how Doshas work. As we glide through our life, the proportion of each of the three Doshas constantly swings this way:
1. Kapha: Kapha is associated with earth and water and is a stabilizing energy meant to supply water to our body and maintain our immune system.
2. Vata: Vata is associated with the wind and is linked with flexibility, creativity, and free-flowing spirit that defines bodily movements like breathing, muscle contraction, and heart function.
3. Pitta: Pitta is linked to fire and is thought to control our endocrine, metabolic, and digestive systems.
Well, doshas walk through every second of our lives and rely on a delicate balance between mind, body, and spirit.
Achieving the Perfect Balance
Amidst balancing our health by understanding our body's basic constitution (Dosha), we came across Samaya Ayurveda; an all-natural skincare brand based on Ayurvedic principles, aimed towards helping the world achieve samadosha or a 'perfect balance' in life.
We spoke to its founder; Abida Halstenberg, a nature enthusiast who was born and brought up in India. She decided to create a natural range of skin-care products by providing holistic wellness in line with Ayurvedic Doshas.
Some excerpts from our conversation…
1. Could you enlighten us more about your brand ‘Samaya Ayurveda’?
Samaya Ayurveda bases itself on Ayurvedic principles and help world achieve a harmonic balance between their mind, body and soul.
Samaya is a multi-award-winning British brand revolutionising skincare with a truly differentiated approach. Our skincare products are highly-functional, authentically holistic as well as 100% natural. Our brand aims at targeting wrinkles, dehydration, redness and pigmentation, addressing not only the symptoms but also the root causes of imbalances which can cause skin disorders. Samaya is personalized by constitution type (Doshas) and helps people in stress-alleviating.
2. How did you get the inspiration to introduce Ayurvedic skincare products according to Doshas?
Having been born and brought up in India, I was surrounded by Ayurveda and natural remedies. My grandmother was a big influence as she fostered in me a passion for herbal beauty from a very early age. Since then, I have been mixing face packs with Ayurvedic ingredients. When I moved abroad life got busier and I could not find what I was looking for, So, I decided to create a natural range that delivered functional benefits while providing holistic wellness in line with Ayurvedic Doshas. Thus, Samaya was born.
3. Why and how is Samaya Ayurveda different from other Ayurveda skincare brands in the market?
Well, no other brand offers this trio (three Doshas) of benefits. We have advanced clinically-proven actives blended with Ayurvedic botanicals that deliver visible results in all-natural formulations. Our products are fast-acting with zero synthetics and have won over 55 beauty awards in under five years.
Samaya is a sustainable and eco-friendly brand as all our products come in recyclable glass bottles and jars. Hence, Samaya is Cruelty-free (Leaping Bunny approved) and Vegan certified.
4. How does Ayurveda balance and calm in today’s hectic lifestyle?
Ayurveda eases holistic wellness and healing that takes into account a person’s entire constitution – both external and internal. Ayurveda seeks to address the root cause of the problem and not just the symptoms by first identifying a person’s specific Dosha (constitution) as one of Vata, Pitta, Kapha or a combination thereof.
I believe, for an individual to be calm, healthy and balanced, his/her unique Dosha needs to be in balanced.
5. What’s your formula to achieve harmony between mind, body and soul?
I eat seasonally and in accordance with my Dosha and pair it with Samaya’s Ayurvedic supplements in the proportions that best suit my constitution (Vata-Pitta combination). Samaya products naturally repair tissue and promote the formation of collagen, which provide inner wellness, boost my immunity and help me get a radiant skin.
I exercise daily and practice yoga twice a week, which helps me stay active throughout the day. I believe, one’s attitude also makes a big difference in achieving harmony so I choose stay optimistic.
6. How one can incorporate Ayurveda in their daily life practices?
· Wellness from the ‘inside out’- Focus on wellness from the inside: eat according to your constitution and take supplements that pacify your unique Dosha in addition to incorporating exercise in your daily routine.
· Wellness from the ‘outside in’- Use your daily skincare routine to incorporate a perfect balance and wellness in your life: your skin is your largest organ so use Dosha-specific natural actives that address your specific constitution’s needs.
Jumpstart lifestyle with Ayurveda
We know, these Ayurvedic Doshas might sound like a lot all at once, but we can surely ease them into our daily routine gradually. So, let’s be easy on ourselves and map out dawns according to our schedules.
And with that, let us all enjoy our day and plan ahead for success!